- Place the dates in a food processor and process until smooth.
- add nuts, coconut oil, berries chia seeds and coconut and pulse until the mix comes together and the nuts are blended but still have some texture and chunks.
- Using a spoon scoop out some of the mixture and roll into walnut-sized balls with your hands. Roll the balls in extra desiccated coconut and place on a plate or tray. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Photo and original recipe by Pete Evans