At your first consultation with Dr Ian Baxter, the initial focus will be:
- To learn more about your weight loss goals
- To determine your suitability for different surgical procedures
- To outline the advantages and disadvantages of all procedures for which you’re a suitable candidate
- To make a recommendation on which procedure will be best for you
- To discuss your expected outcomes from bariatric surgery
After your initial consultation with Dr Baxter, your Bariatric Nurse Educator will discuss your barium swallow and pathology, walk you through the process of applying for early release of superannuation on compassionate grounds (if applicable) and answer any questions you may have at this stage.