- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 30g pistachios, shelled
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- To make the poached strawberries, hull and half strawberries.
- Combine with zest and juice of orange in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to low and simmer, covered for 2-3min.
- Add 1-2 Tbs maple syrup to sweeten (optional).
- To store remaining portions, divide into zip-lock bags and freeze, defrosting as needed.
For the porridge:
- Put oats in a bowl, pour over boiling hot water until just covered.
- Let stand for 1-2min until cooked and fluffy.
- Add 2-3Tbs poached strawberry mixture then top with roughly chopped pistachios.
Optional – Add some shaved coconut on top.
Are you ready to find out more?
Call us today for a complimentary 30-minute consultation with our Bariatric Consultant, Nicola.
Nicola underwent weight loss surgery in 2016 and is passionate about answering all you need to know about reshaping your body and your life with bariatrics.
Or you can make a booking online or phone us to see Dr Ian Baxter, if you feel ready to get started on your weight loss journey.