- 500 g cauliflower florets (½ a medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 head garlic
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- ¼ cup pepitas, toasted and chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 80 g (⅓ cup) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Olive oil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl place cauliflower florets, garlic cloves (in skin), and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss and transfer onto a baking tray. Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is golden.
- Remove tray from oven and allow cauliflower and garlic to cool. Transfer the cauliflower into blender. Then squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins and into the blender. Add roughly two-thirds of the pepitas and walnuts, along with the lemon juice, parsley and remaining olive oil. Blend for about 1 minute or until nice and smooth. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to serving dish.
- Garnish with remaining nuts and seeds and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Serve with flatbread and veggie sticks.
Are you ready to find out more?
Call us today for a complimentary 30-minute consultation with our Bariatric Consultant, Nicola.
Nicola underwent weight loss surgery in 2016 and is passionate about answering all you need to know about reshaping your body and your life with bariatrics.
Or you can make a booking online or phone us to see Dr Ian Baxter, if you feel ready to get started on your weight loss journey.