- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 4 TB sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pumpkin
- 1/4 cup cashews (soaked)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 TB ground pumpkin seeds
- 2 TB arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp green stevia powder (I generally omit sweetener especially if it’s a nice sweet pumpkin!)
- Emulsify oil and water
- Mix all ingredients to form a soft dough
- Leave to stand for 5-10 mins
- Roll out thinly and place in pie dish
- Trim edges
- Blend all ingredients together
- Pour into pie dish
- Bake 180 c approximately 40 mins or until golden brown
- Can decorate with some pepita seeds or drizzle with some molasses
- Serve with cashew or coconut cream
Looking for a new bariatric diet recipe? Check out this vegan pumpkin pie recipe from High On Vegan.
Are you ready to find out more?
Call us today for a complimentary 30-minute consultation with our Bariatric Consultant, Nicola.
Nicola underwent weight loss surgery in 2016 and is passionate about answering all you need to know about reshaping your body and your life with bariatrics.
Or you can make a booking online or phone us to see Dr Ian Baxter, if you feel ready to get started on your weight loss journey.