- 8 medjool date, pitted
- 2 cups activated almonds (use any nuts of choice)
- 3 tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup chopped raspberries (use whatever berries you like)
- 3 tbs black or white chia seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- Place the dates in a food processor and process until smooth.
- add nuts, coconut oil, berries chia seeds and coconut and pulse until the mix comes together and the nuts are blended but still have some texture and chunks.
- Using a spoon scoop out some of the mixture and roll into walnut-sized balls with your hands. Roll the balls in extra desiccated coconut and place on a plate or tray. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Photo and original recipe by Pete Evans
Are you ready to find out more?
Call us today for a complimentary 30-minute consultation with our Bariatric Nurse Educator or one of our Bariatric coordinators.