- 1 medium sweet potato, grated
- 3 eggs lightly whisked
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ spring onion, finely sliced
- Oil spray
- 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Cottage cheese, to serve
- Preheat the waffle iron on medium heat.
- Place the sweet potato, whisked egg, flour, cumin and spring onion in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper (if desired), and mix well to combine.
- Spray the waffle iron with oil spray. Spoon half of the sweet potato mixture into the center of the waffle iron and close the lid. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the waffle is golden brown. Repeat with the remaining half of the batter.
- To serve, place the waffles on a serving plate and top with cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes.
Mix it up: add a poached egg, some spinach and avocado to mix it up.
Are you ready to find out more?
Call us today for a complimentary 30-minute consultation with our Bariatric Consultant, Nicola.
Nicola underwent weight loss surgery in 2016 and is passionate about answering all you need to know about reshaping your body and your life with bariatrics.
Or you can make a booking online or phone us to see Dr Ian Baxter, if you feel ready to get started on your weight loss journey.